Continuous Conditionals are used in hypothetical or imaginary situations. They express what would have happened or would be happening if something were happening in the present, past, or future.
Future unreal conditionals + continuous make hypothetical statements if something were to happen in the future, what would or may happen because of that.
Directions: Choose the correct answer
1) ____________________, he would be happy with the prospects.
a. If Chris were selecting members for his team next year
b. If Chris were select members for his team next year
c. If Chris were selected members for his team next year
2) ____________________, she would be delighted because the hotel has comfortable beds.
a. If Beth were stay at the same hotel next week
b. If Beth were stayed at the same hotel next week
c. If Beth were staying at the same hotel next week
3) ____________________, I would be giving the presentation.
a. If I were able to attending the meeting next Monday
b. If I were able to attend the meeting next Monday
c. If I were able to attended the meeting next Monday
4) ____________________, he would be getting a good deal on shoes.
a. If Paul went to the store next month
b. If Paul gone to the store next month
c. If Paul going to the store next month
5) ____________________, they would be able to attend to my graduation.
a. If they were came to Seattle this weekend
b. If they were coming to Seattle this weekend
c. If they were come to Seattle this weekendDirections: Choose the correct answer
1) If I were able to travel this summer, I would be __________ on a beach. But I don't have any more vacation time.
2) If you went to Peter's house this weekend, he would be __________ video games all day. That's all he does on the weekends.
3) If they were __________ the game at the stadium next week, they would be so excited to see their favorite baseball player in person. But tickets were sold out.
4) If Carol were __________ the family reunion next month, her cousin would be surprised. But Carol cannot make it to the reunion because of college exams.
5) If I were __________ my friends on the ski trip tomorrow, I would be so thrilled. But I can't join because I broke my leg.
Quiz 1 Answers
1) a. If Chris were selecting members for his team next year
2) c. If Beth were staying at the same hotel next week
3) b. If I were able to attend the meeting next Monday
4) a. If Paul went to the store next month
5) b. If they were coming to Seattle this weekend
Quiz 2 Answers
1) c. relaxing
2) c. playing
3) a. watching
4) b. attending
5) a. joining