We use the future continuous to talk about actions or events that will happen or continue for a certain time in the future.
- I will be working from 8 am to 4 pm tomorrow.
Remember that the future continuous is a combination of the simple future tense (I will play) and the present continuous tense (I am playing).
In this lesson, we will take an in-depth look at asking yes/no questions with the future continuous verb tense.
Most of the time, these kinds of questions are the same as other future tense questions.
- Will you come to the party?
- Will you be coming to the party?
- Are you coming to the party?
- Are you going to come to the party?
All of the sentences above have the same meaning.
Remember that we cannot make these sentences or questions with adjectives or nouns. We can only use action verbs.
Here is the pattern to make a yes/no question. Will + subject + be + present participle...?
- Will you be attending the neighborhood party this Saturday?
- Will she be traveling with you?
- Will your son be coming with you?
- Will the company be hiring people in the future?
- Will he be sleeping when we get there?
Since these are yes/no questions, there are short and long answers. Will you be traveling alone?
Note: Only use the contraction in a full sentence. Never end a sentence with a positive contraction. For example, "
- Yes, I will be traveling alone.
- Yes, I'll be traveling alone.
- Yes, I will be.
- Yes, I will.
Yes, he's." But you can end a sentence with a negative contraction. For example, " No, he isn't." Will you be attending the play?
- No, I will not be attending the play.
- No, I'll not be attending the play.
- No, I won't be attending the play.
- No, I will not.
- No, I won't.
We can also make negative questions. Will + subject + not + be + present participle...? Won't + subject + be + present participle...?
- Will you not be joining us for dinner?
- Won't he be working with us on this project?
- Will Mary not be coming with you?
- Won't they be working from 3 to 5?
English Conversation 1
- Will I be working with your team on this project?
- Will I be breaking the law if I do this?
- Won't I be making a mistake if I quit my job and start my own business?
- Will you be starting your job next week?
- Will you be working at the office this evening?
- Will you be practicing your speech this afternoon?
- Will we be discussing this issue at the next meeting?
- Will we be visiting the history museum while we are in New York?
- Will we be eating at home tonight?
- Will Mark be playing soccer with us tomorrow?
- Will he be leading this project?
- Won't he be working on Wednesday?
- Will Sally be having lunch with us this afternoon?
- Will she be attending the group discussion?
- Will she be inviting Michael to her wedding?
- Will the company be expanding next year?
- Will it be starting soon?
- Will it be raining tomorrow?
- Will the children be studying in the library from 2 to 5?
- Will they be leaving at 7 or 8?
- Will they not be participating in company games?
A) Will you be joining us for dinner tomorrow?
B) Who is going?
A) The whole marketing team will be going.
B) I guess I should go then. Text me the details tomorrow.
A) No problem. English Conversation 2
A) What will you do this weekend?
B) I will be going on a picnic with my family.
A) That sounds great. What will you do there?
B) We will be playing games and eating a lot of delicious food.
A) I think I should take my family on a picnic sometime too. Improve your English grammar and learn to speak fluently with this simple practice. Finish the questions below and then practice making your own questions. It is the best way to learn English fast! Tip: Say the questions aloud. This will help you practice speaking English and improve your pronunciation and fluency.
Will you be ________________ next weekend?
Will he be ________________ next month?
Will she be ________________ next year?
Will they be ________________ tonight?
Will we be ________________ later?
Will you be ________________ if ________________?
Will they be ________________ after ________________?
Will he be ________________ because ________________?