Use "will" to talk about the future. There are no irregular verbs when talking about the future with "will". Just follow this pattern. Subject + will + verb...
"Will" is often used with time words and expressions about the future.
- I will go to the zoo tomorrow.
- You will need to come early.
- She will want to rest after her flight.
- He will move to India next year.
- They will go to school next week.
We can also put a noun or adjective after "will". In this case, we use "will be". Subject + will be + noun/adjective...
- I will be a doctor when I am older.
- She will be happy to see you.
- They will be hungry when they arrive.
- He will be tired because he worked overtime today.
- It will be cold tomorrow. The movie will be long, so you should go to the bathroom now.
We can also use prepositional phrases after "will be".
- I will be at the coffee shop later.
- I promise that I will be on time.
- The keys will be on the table when you get home.
We can use contractions with pronouns and "will".
|I will → I'll||You will → You'll||We will → We'll|
|He will → He'll||She will → She'll||It will → It'll|
|They will → They'll|
use with a person's name. (
Erin'll come to the party.
- I'll buy a new car next month.
- She'll come late.
- He'll finish on time.
- They'll come back from their trip tomorrow.
- It'll be hot, so take some water.
- She'll be ready in an hour.
We can use "will" to talk about the near future (like 5 minutes later) or the distant future (1,000 years later).
A) I can't lift this box.
B) I'll help you.
A) The earth will be destroyed in 500 years.
B) I think people will live on a different planet in 500 years.
We know that we use "will" to talk about the future or future plans that we have. Here are some common situations when we use "will". 1. To offer to do something
A) This bag is heavy.
B) I will carry it for you. 2. To agree to do something
A) Can you give me a ride to the airport?
B) Sure, I'll do it. 3. To promise something
A) Can I borrow some money? I will pay you back on Wednesday.
B) Okay. Here you go.
Make sure to do the extra practice below. This verb tense is incredibly important to know if you want to speak English well. Take the time to practice now and you will be happy later. Example Sentences
English Conversation 1
- I will work hard at my new job.
- I will participate in the fundraiser for cancer research.
- I'll think about it.
- I'll be sleepy later if I don't take a nap now.
- You will need your passport at the airport.
- You will need to study a lot if you want to be a doctor.
- You'll like this movie.
- You'll be tired, so get some rest.
- He will go on a business trip in three days.
- He'll bring some dessert to the party.
- Jon will take you to the airport.
- The woman over there will help you.
- She will present her idea tomorrow.
- She'll go to China in one week.
- Susan will take a day off tomorrow.
- The teacher will watch the children while they play.
- It will be snowy tomorrow.
- It'll snow for the next three days.
- The computer will work fine.
- The alarm will make a loud sound.
- They will eat a lot.
- They'll spend a lot of money on their trip.
- The old friends will talk a lot at the reunion.
- The tickets will be sold out soon.
A) I will go to the store to get some stuff for dinner. Do you need anything?
B) Could you please get me a snack for later?
A) I thought you were on a diet.
B) I am, but I'll exercise tomorrow, so it is okay.
A) Okay. I'll get you a snack. English Conversation 2
A) I think that Bill will get promoted.
B) That means he will be our new manager.
A) I think he will be a good manager.
B) I think he will be terrible. He hates me. I will start looking for a new job tomorrow. If you complete this simple practice, then you will learn to speak English fluently and improve your English grammar skills. Finish the sentences below and then practice making your own sentences. It is a simple way to improve your English. Tip: Say the sentences aloud. This will help you practice speaking English and improve your pronunciation and fluency.
I will _______________ tomorrow.
I'll _______________ next year.
I will study English _______________.
If I have time, I will _______________.
If it rains on the weekend, then my family will _______________.
They will _______________ this weekend.
My friends will _______________ soon.
I heard that the weather will be _______________ tomorrow.
Ben will _______________ later this week.
My company will _______________ next year.
We will _______________ later.