Punctuation - Comma
We will study how to use commas (,) in this lesson. Let's look at the different ways that we use commas when we write in English.
1. Separate clauses
- I like it, but she doesn't like it.
- Since it is cold, I will not go out.
- She has a good heart, and she is funny.
- Unless I am sick, I will attend the show.
2. Separate words in a list
- I like pizza, hamburgers, and cookies.
- She visited Slovenia, Poland, and Ukraine.
- We can have Indian, Chinese, or Thai food.
3. Separate non-restrictive appositive nouns
Punctuation is essential for writing in English. Punctuation helps you express your thoughts, feelings, and ideas in a way that is easy for the reader to understand.
- My friend, Bob, will come with us.
- She talked to her boss, Tony.
- Buddy, my dog, is sick.
Do you need to Learn English Faster?
Do you want to speak English fluently?
The best way to learn English is now available!!! > > > The SKESL System < < <