This sentence pattern is used when we are 100% sure that something is true.
It is the same as saying, "I am completely sure that...".There is no doubt (that) + sentence
- There is no doubt that I am the best basketball player here.
- There is no doubt that Lebron James is the best basketball player in the world.
- There is no doubt she will be late today. She is late every day.
- There is no doubt that Kelly ate the last cookie. She has a big sweet tooth.
- There is no doubt our company is the market leader these days.
- There is no doubt that he will not be ready on time. He is always slow.
- There is no doubt that she has been distracted from her work lately.
We can also make this sentence pattern with an if-statement. Basically, if something happens, then we are completely sure that something else will happen. There is no doubt (that) if + condition + expected outcome
- There is no doubt that if you apply for the job, you will get it.
- There is no doubt that if he comes, he will have a good time.
- There is no doubt that if you work hard, you will be successful.
- There is no doubt that if she runs for president, she will win.
- There is no doubt that if this rain continues, our city will face heavy flooding.
- There is no doubt that if the stock market continues to fall, then many people will lose their jobs.
As with all sentences that have an if-statement, we can switch the order of the sentence. If + condition + (then) + there is no doubt (that) + expected outcome
Bonus Tips and Points
- If Mark had not stepped in, then there is no doubt that the other two men would have fought.
- If you don't study harder, then there is no doubt that you will not graduate.
- If they continue to behave like this, there is no doubt what will happen.
- If Sally keeps practicing and working hard, then there is no doubt that she will become a professional tennis player.
- If nobody on their team gets injured, then there is no doubt that they will win the championship.
1. We can use the same sentence pattern with the word "question" instead of "doubt".
- There is no question that the company doesn't want you to leave.
- There is no question she will do well at university.
- There is no question that we will win.
- There is no question that if you come, you will be impressed.
- There is no question she likes you.
2. We also use short forms when we are responding to another person. We use "There is no doubt/question about it." to show that we are completely sure about something.
A) Do you think that she will come?
B) There is no doubt about it.
A) Will this work?
B) There is no doubt about it.
A) Can we do this?
B) Yes. There is no question about it.
A) Is it a good idea to leave early?
B) There is no doubt about it. Traffic will be terrible. Real-World English Conversations
A) This hamburger is delicious.
B) You're right. There is no doubt that this place has the best hamburgers in the city.
A) I am worried about my job interview tomorrow.
B) There is no doubt that you are qualified for the job, so don't worry.
A) Do you think she will come to the party?
B) There is no doubt that she will not come. She hates parties.
A) There is no doubt that I am the best-looking man here.
B) Are you crazy? I am the best-looking man in the world.
A) There is no doubt that what you said is not true.
A) There is no doubt that we need to change some of our company policies.
B) What exactly are you talking about?
A) Well, first of all, I think we should change our dress code policy. Study these free English lessons to improve your English speaking. If you learn these common sentence patterns well, then your English speaking will improve greatly and you will be able to have fluent conversations in English in the near future! Study the lessons well, practice using the sentences and questions at home and in real life, and make sure to come back to review the material so you do not forget. If you do these three things, then you will be speaking English like a native English speaker in no time!