"something cracks somebody up"/ "to be cracking up" Meaning:
to make somebody laugh Similar Expressions
When do we use it?
- This show cracks me up.
- This show makes me laugh a lot.
- This show is hilarious.
We can use this idiom when saying that something or somebody makes a person a laugh.
- This comic book cracks me up.
We can also use it to say that a person is laughing.
How do we use it?
- I was cracking up when I was watching that movie.
Follow this sentence pattern when saying that something or somebody is funny and makes a person or people laugh. Subject + cracks + person + up...
- That comedian cracks me up.
- That movie cracked me up.
- She always cracks me up.
Here are some example sentences when "crack up" has the same meaning as "laugh".
Example English Conversation
- He cracked up when saw the picture.
- The baby cracks up every time her father makes a silly face.
- She was cracking up during the whole movie.
A) Why is everyone cracking up?
B) Mark is telling jokes again. He makes everyone crack up. If you want to be great at speaking English, then you need to know a lot of English expressions, idioms, and slang. Studying with these free English lessons can help you do that. Study a few of these free English lessons each week and learn the expressions perfectly. If you do this consistently, then you will be amazed at how much your English vocabulary improves. You will be having fluent English conversations before you know it!