"to go on a double date" / "a double date" / "to double date" Meaning:
a date in which two couples go out together Similar Expressions
When do we use it?
- We should go on a double date sometime.
- We should go out together with our girlfriends sometime.
- We should go out together as couples.
This is a common term used to describe a situation where two couples are going out together on a date. How do we use it?
We can use this term the same as we use any other noun.
- I don't like double dates.
- I think double dates are fun.
- What do you think of double dates?
- A double date is usually fun.
We can also use it as part of a phrase "to go on a double date" or we can use it as a verb "to double date".
- I don't like to go on double dates.
- I like to double date.
- We went on a double date with our friend Mark and Karen last night.
- Do you and your wife want to double date with my girlfriend and I some time?
A) I've started dating somebody recently.
B) That's great. We should double date sometime.
A) Absolutely. That would be fun.
A) What did you do last weekend?
B) Mark and I went on a double date with another couple that we know from university. It was a lot of fun. Adding expressions and idioms to your vocabulary will help you become a better English speaker. You do not need to learn a million expressions or idioms at one time! If you study new English expressions and idioms steadily and consistently, then your vocabulary will get better and better. Use these free English lessons to expand your vocabulary and learn useful English idioms, slang, and expressions.