1. a foreign exchange student:
a student from a different country that is studying at university or school
- I met a foreign exchange student from France in class today.
- I was a foreign exchange student in China for one semester when I was in university.
2. to take a class:
to attend and participate in a class
- I am taking a yoga class these days.
- Did you take an English class when you were in high school?
in a wishful or hopeful manner
- Hopefully, I can finish my work by tonight.
- Hopefully, we win the game.