1. to give someone a ride:
to take a person somewhere in a vehicle (usually a car)
- My friend gave me a ride to the airport.
- Do you want me to give you a ride home? It is on my way.
2. My car is in the shop.:
My car is currently being repaired at the car shop.
- Can you give me a ride to work? My car is in the shop.
A) Why didn't you drive to work?
B) Because my car is in the shop
3. to get out of doing something:
to avoid doing something that one does not want to do
- He always tries to get out of helping.
- I have to go with my parents to my uncle's house. I can't get out of going.