the main office of a large corporation
- Our company headquarters is located in Seattle.
- I don't know where their headquarters are located.
2. a direct flight:
a flight that goes directly to its destination without making any stops
- Direct flights are the best because they are the shortest.
- I like direct flights because I don't like changing planes.
3. a layover:
a period of time when one gets off one plane, but has to wait in the airport before one's next flight leaves
- I was going from Seoul to LA, but I had a 4-hour layover in Tokyo.
- On my flight from London to Sydney, there was a 5-hour layover in Dubai.