1. financial trouble:
trouble or difficulties with money; money problems
- I heard that Jane is in financial trouble these days.
- That company is in financial trouble.
2. to overhear:
to hear something from a conversation that one was not involved in
- I overheard our boss talking on the phone. He said that every employee is going to get a bonus this year.
- I overheard two men talking in the bathroom. They were talking about stealing money from the company. Should I report it to HR?
3. bankruptcy laws:
the rules that people or businesses must follow when they can no longer pay their debts
- Do you know anything about bankruptcy laws?
- Our lawyer knows about bankruptcy laws.