1. an architect:
a person who designs buildings and houses
- My daughter wants to be an architect when she grows up.
- My husband is an architect.
2. to remodel something:
to reconstruct something (not for the whole building; just for parts inside a building)
- We remodeled our kitchen last year.
- Our company is remodeling our office.
3. to be a waste of space:
to take up space but not provide any benefit or have any use
- This rowing machine is a waste of space. I never use it.
- The statue in our office is a waste of space. It is useless. Plus, it is ugly.